What is digital accessibility?
A digitally accessible website is a site that allows people with disabilities to access its content and features without difficulty.
An accessible website allows, for example, the following:
- Navigation using screen readers and/or braille displays (especially used by blind and visually impaired individuals).
- Customization of the site’s display according to individual needs (enlarging or reducing font size, modifying colors, etc.).
- Navigation without using a mouse (using only the keyboard, via a touch screen, voice control, or any other adapted device).
To achieve this, the website must adhere to the applicable standards during its development and updates.
ODL is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Law of May 28, 2019, regarding the accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public sector organizations. This accessibility statement applies to: www.odl.lu.
This website partially conforms to the European standard EN 301 549 and the RGAA (Référentiel Général d’Amélioration de l’Accessibilité) that implements it, due to the detailed non-conformities described below.
Establishment of this Accessibility Declaration
This declaration was established in november 2023.
User Agents, Assistive Technologies, and Tools Used to Verify Accessibility
The web pages were tested using the following combinations of web browsers and screen readers:
- Chrome version 114.0.5735.133
- Firefox version 102.0
The following tools were used during the evaluation:
- Web Developer Toolbar
- WAVE Evaluation Tool
- Screen Reader (Chrome extension)
Pages of the website that underwent conformity verification:
- Contact Page
- Products & Services page
- Criterion 2.2 – Colors – On each screen, is the contrast between the text color and its background color sufficiently high (excluding specific cases)?
- Criterion 9.2 – Forms – Does each form field have a label that is accessible to assistive technologies?
Feedback and Contact Information
If you are unable to access any content or service on this site, you can contact us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+352)2885541
- Postal address:
65, rue d’Eich
ODL is committed to responding to your email within a maximum of one month.
To address the problem permanently and reasonably, online correction of the accessibility issue will be prioritized.
If that is not feasible, the desired information will be provided to you in an accessible format according to your preferences:
- In writing, in a document or email.
- Orally, during an interview or over the phone.
Procedure to Ensure Compliance with the Provisions
If an unsatisfactory response is received, you also have the option to inform the Service Information and Press, the organization responsible for accessibility control, through their online complaint form, or the Ombudsman, the mediator of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.